Re: Change proposal: new general principle for permitted uses

Hi Rigo,

You've just mixed the two.  In my email, I state that companies cannot
rely on the validity of the opt out signal.  I speak nothing to the rate
of DNT:1 signals in the marketplace, and I do not say that companies want
to avoid a high opt out rate if that preference was indicated by the user.

I suspect that companies are likely hesitant to use DNT as their opt out
preference because they cannot detect/tell whether it was set by the user.

-Vinay