Re: extension of time on audience measurement suggested amendments

Rigo,

The discussion on Go/NoGo in Sunnyvale F2F has been a milestone by
itself. It allowed for the June Draft to arise (June 10), parallel to
the Editor's Draft and the DAA proposal. In my view a reflection of
where we are has been the plan the last few months and confirmed by the
Chair on several occasions. The work between Sunnyvale and end of July
has been conducted under the assumption of a new moment of assessing
whether there is enough support in the room to continue the excersise.

What was asked from the group was a very specific choice:
- Option A: Adopt DAA proposal as base (i.e. Adopt the DAA proposal as
base text, including to make the proposed changes to definitions of
"tracking", "de-identified", "de-linked", and third-party compliance,
and to delete any requirement to shift to no unique identifier where
that is reasonably available.), and
- Option B: Continue from Editors' draft as base (i.e. Continue to have
the Editors' Draft as base text, and decide not to adopt the set of
changes listed in Option A.)

The group was not asked to object against an extension of the self
imposed deadline. The deadline for Last Call still stands, including the
task of assessing where the group is.

mvg::Rob

Exerpts from the minutes:

Juli 10:
peterswire:  What I've said before is that we need an affirmative
decision by the group about whether to continue after July, and the way
to do that is to have input on this fork in the road.

Juli 3:
peterswire: moving to procedure.
...working w w3c staff, important end of july deadline.
...trying to get substantial sense of where we are by end of july

Juni 19:
peterswire: that's consistent with the idea of evaluating July 24.
... i hope we work well and effectively and can get to last call but
recognize it's not inevitable.
peterswire: timing: our last call deadline is end of july, july 31.  It
does not seem wise to be deciding on the last day....so the wednesday
before that will be a key planned meeting to decide where the group
is.....

June 10:
peterswire: "Working closely with W3C staff, and based on numerous
discussions with members of the WG, this June Draft is my best current
estimate of a document that can be the basis for a consensus document in
time for Last Call."
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Jun/0031.html)