RE: Initial Work Plan on Change Proposals, including for next Wednesday

Rob,

Aggregate Scoring and De-Identification are two very different things.  Your email highlighted that “hashed pseudoymns” could become linkable – this is part of the de-identification discussion, not aggregate scoring.  Your most recent email now crosses over to Aggregate Scoring which I agree is considered “not tracking”.

- Shane

From: Rob van Eijk [mailto:rob@blaeu.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:26 AM
To: Shane Wiley; public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: Initial Work Plan on Change Proposals, including for next Wednesday

Shane, you are confusing me. As I understood from yesterday, under the strict definition of tracking, this example would most likely qualify as 'not tracking'. Where do we disconnect?

Rob
Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:wileys@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
Rob,

In this example, Twitter is purposely allowing for mapping between hashed identifiers whereas in the industry proposal this is expressly prohibited and will require a combination of technical, operational, and administrative controls to develop a level of reasonable confidence this process cannot be reverse engineered.

- Shane