Re: tracking-ISSUE-215: data hygiene approach / tracking of URL data and browsing activity [Compliance June]

As I read the (as-amended) DAA proposal, data enrichment would be OK.  Third parties can collect PII from a publisher (or otherwise) and then append demographic/other data to that profile.  Or they could sync attributes/scores with other ad networks.  All that is out of scope, because tracking is limited to retention and use of precise domains/urls.

OTOH, I believe that practice would be prohibited under Section 5 of the June draft.

Justin Brookman
Director, Consumer Privacy
Center for Democracy & Technology
tel 202.407.8812