Re: Issue for discussion on Wed - User Agent Compliance

I don't think this fixes my problem.  Amazon's Kindle Fire MITMs all network requests in the cloud in order to more efficiently render them on the relatively unsophisticated client.  So it's going to collect all the user's urls on Amazon servers.  A prohibition on sharing that data wouldn't stop Amazon from retaining the logs forever and using for OBA or anything else.

As I said, I think defining the company that provides a browser as a third party would fix the problem, but it may introduce others that Sid alludes to.  We might need to put in language that completing a user-initiated network transaction is not affected, or is a permitted use, or perhaps it's already OK as it's being done with consent.