Re: 'Scope' change proposal

David,

The problem here is that the spec never addresses site specific limitation
of tracking.  It has offered a framework for site specific allowance, but
as this is not a requirement (and we've seen no implementations), it
certainly doesn't deserve to be in the 1st sentence of Scope (a place for
MUSTs than MAYs).

With respect to the sites you intended to visit language, what's the
problem with just saying there are different requirements for 1st and 3rd
parties?  We use 1st and 3rd party to delineate obligations; why not be
consistent?  IMHO the term site or site you didn't intend to visit creates
confusion.

-Brooks

--

Brooks Dobbs, CIPP | Chief Privacy Officer | KBM Group | Part of the
Wunderman Network

This email ? including attachments ? may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient,
 do not copy, distribute or act on it. Instead, notify the sender
immediately and delete the message.