Re: Work Plan for July

I understand the chairs' intention to keep the LC deadline by cutting
the Gordian knot. But treating the DAA proposal and the June draft as
the only two options to proceed... is baffling and painful.

This gives the DAA proposal way to much authority, as in my opinion it
is just a document of combined change proposals to the june draft (and
should be discussed on issue-by-issue basis). A lot of WG members would
have proposed a competing comprehensive package, if they had known of
this outcome (instead of tedious work on single change proposals with
justifications).

These two alternatives basically translate into the chairs' decision
(not the group's) to proceed with the june draft (one way or another).
And as I see it, both documents currently suffer from an imbalance at
the expense of the privacy side. If we proceed with majority decision on
which change proposals to include for last call, I'm pessimistic to
change this imbalance.

I disagree with the proposed work plan decision in principle. But if the
group decides to proceed, please consider this as an objection against
the DAA proposal as a baseline.

Ninja

--

Ninja Marnau