Re: June Draft - Proposal for User Agent Compliance

This reminds me of this story from way, way back:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/11/07/help_my_belkin_router/.

I know we've discussed intermediaries, like routers or firewalls or
media players, altering the DNT signal. I don't recall what discussion
we've had, if any, about intermediaries that might engage in tracking.
And if they did track, how would they receive the DNT signal and then
send back the tracking status?