Re: TPE: Closing ISSUE-138 and implementing the change proposed by ACTION-179?

OK, thanks

I think it's OK to say informed consent is needed, it's not OK to try to define it.  The document talks quite a bit about consent already.

I will add in 6.3.1, after

The call to store an exception must reflect the user's intention to grant an exception, at the time of the call. This intention must be determined by the site prior to each call to store an exception, at the time of the call. (This allows the user to change their mind, and delete a stored exception, which might then trigger the site to explain, and ask for, the exception again).

the sentence

It is the responsibility solely of the site making the call to determine that a call to record an exception reflects the user's informed consent at the time of the call.

Unless someone stops me!

On Jan 17, 2013, at 9:28 , Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> I'm fine with that - we were attempting to address a different concern in the group.  You could also avoid the "Policy" debate altogether by replacing "informed consent" with "preference" for consistency with the title of the document.
>
> - Shane

David Singer