From: Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net<mailto:peter@peterswire.net>>
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:59 AM
To: "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org> WG" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>
Subject: DNT: Agenda for Wednesday call, February 27

Wednesday call February 27, 2013

---------------------------
Administrative

Chair:  Peter Swire
---------------------------

1.  Confirmation of scribe – glad to accept volunteer in advance

2.  Offline-caller-identification:
If you intend to join the phone call, you must either associate your phone number with your IRC username once you've joined the call (command: "Zakim, [ID] is [name]" e.g., "Zakim, ??P19 is schunter" in my case), or let Nick know your phone number ahead of  time. If you are not comfortable with the Zakim IRC syntax for associating your phone number, please email your name and phone number to npdoty@w3.org<mailto:npdoty@w3.org>. We want to reduce (in fact, eliminate) the time spent on the call identifying phone numbers. Note that if your number is not identified and you do not respond to off-the-phone reminders via IRC, you will be dropped from the call.

---------------------------
Assign Action Items

---------------------------

3.   The work plan coming out of Boston is to continue to assign action items, to seek to get consensus text on more pieces of thecompliance spec.

Here is a list of items where we may be reasonably close to consensus on text but should assign action items, where necessary, and then discuss to seek to close these issues.  (If I am mis-stating precisely the status of the issues in your view, my apologies and I am trying to determine better what people consider closed versus still open.)  Please consider if you would like to volunteer for any items on this list:

a. Frequency capping, 6.2.2.4
b. Security and fraud prevention, 6.2.2.6
c. Debugging, 6.2.2.7
d. Others where someone would like to volunteer?

---------------------------

Discuss Assigned Actions

---------------------------

4.  Action 368 (Chris Pedigo), update “service provider” or “processor” definition.  One issue that is related is whether to create text about “appending” of data, so please consider if you wish to propose any approach about “appending.”

5.  The editors (Justin Brookman & Heather West) are preparing text to bring together the multiple current definitions of “first party.”  The focus, I believe, is on clarity of writing rather than raising significant substantive issues.

6. Action 371 (Dan Auerbach), propose text on de-identification.

---------------------------

Presentation on Mozilla Patch

---------------------------

7.  Sid Stamm of Mozilla is tentatively scheduled to be available, beginning likely at 1:00 p.m. eastern, to present the technical details of the new Mozilla patch affecting third-party cookies.

We all recognize that some members of the group will disagree about this new development.  The goal of this portion is to have an accurate understanding of the facts.  Depending on time, we then can have reactions to this development, but I emphasize the importance of maintaining a professional and respectful tone, focused on substance.

---------------------------

8.  Announce next meeting & adjourn

================ Infrastructure =================

Zakim teleconference bridge:
VoIP:    sip:zakim@voip.w3.org<file://localhost/sip/zakim@voip.w3.org>
Phone +1.617.761.6200 passcode TRACK (87225)
IRC Chat: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org/>, port 6665, #dnt

*****

*****

Professor Peter P. Swire