Re: ACTION-359: Add proposal for ISSUE-161 to allow an indicator of non-compliance within the tracking status value for testing and deployment

From: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 09:26:31 -0800
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Cc: David Wainberg <david@networkadvertising.org>, "public-tracking@w3.org WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
The current text is unclear.  Does "!" mean a website is testing DNT?  Or does it mean general noncompliance?

Here's an alternative: "The origin server is presently testing the tracking protection protocol and tracking compliance policy.  The server is not compliant with either recommendation."

Jonathan