Re: Concerns regarding "store"-style DNT exceptions Re: Batch closing of issues ISSUE-144

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:11:32 +0100
To: "Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation)" <mts-std@schunter.org>
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org, Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>, David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Matthias,

this would remedy my  concerns. I can't tell for Nick. It would maintain
that the signal is still a user preference and controlled by the user,
not entirely by the service.

So just a +1 from me. And no, a MUST would not be ok IMHO. BTW, browsers
still need to notify the user for geolocation anyway. And there, it is a
MUST for those doing business in the EU as 2002/58EC requires an
indicator when geolocation is active. We could just piggy bag on this
without being too prescriptive.

Rigo