Re: good luck with the travelů'historic' blizzard forecast...

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 14:54:41 -0500
Cc: Heather West <heatherwest@google.com>, "Amy Colando (LCA)" <acolando@microsoft.com>, Thomas Schauf <schauf@bvdw.org>, Berin Szoka <bszoka@techfreedom.org>, Haakon Flage Bratsberg <haakonfb@opera.com>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, "singer@apple.com" <singer@apple.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com>
On 2013-02-08, at 14:25 -0500, Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com> wrote:

> If MIT is like CMU, they will only be closed on Monday if the Governor continues to request it. I doubt the Governor will decide until Sunday night, at which point it will be too late to react. Coming up with a backup plan if MIT is closed, including wifi and phone lines, seems like a prudent prerequisite for proceeding.
>
> ~4000 flights canceled and Amtrack shut down [1]. Those still planning to travel are advised to check flight status prior to leaving for the airport.

> 	[1] http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler.com/2013/02/major-blizzard-bears-down-on-northeast-4000-flights-cancelled/

An interesting bit from that article is a prediction of a foot and a half of snow for Boston...

So: we're set up to have the meeting start late morning on Monday, the forecasts predict 9h of sun for Sunday, and speculation about what else might happen won't help much at this stage.  I suggest that we all take a deep breath, and look forward to productive conversations next week.

>  I support whatever choice is made.

Thank you.