From: Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net<mailto:peter@peterswire.net>>
Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 11:02 AM
To: "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org> WG" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>
Subject: Agenda for Wednesday call February 6

Wednesday call February 6, 2013

---------------------------
Administrative

Chair:  Peter Swire
---------------------------

1.  Confirmation of scribe – glad to accept volunteer in advance

2.  Offline-caller-identification:
If you intend to join the phone call, you must either associate your phone number with your IRC username once you've joined the call (command: "Zakim, [ID] is [name]" e.g., "Zakim, ??P19 is schunter" in my case), or let Nick know your phone number ahead of  time. If you are not comfortable with the Zakim IRC syntax for associating your phone number, please email your name and phone number to npdoty@w3.org<mailto:npdoty@w3.org>. We want to reduce (in fact, eliminate) the time spent on the call identifying phone numbers. Note that if your number is not identified and you do not respond to off-the-phone reminders via IRC, you will be dropped from the call.

---------------------------
Preview of Boston Face-to-Face
---------------------------

3.   Registration officially closed for face-to-face in Boston on February 11 to 13.  Ifinquiries about registration, contact Nick at npdoty@w3.org<mailto:npdoty@w3.org>.   Agenda for Boston will be updated as the time nears, at http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/agenda-2013-02-11-MIT-Boston.html.  Reception now planned for Monday evening.

4.  Invitation to send to Swire topics you wish to raise on uses, de-identification, or other related topics for compliance spec discussion.  A specific invitation to consider “safe harbor” approaches to what would count as unlinkability/de-identification.

---------------------------
Media Rating Council
--------------------------

5.  Presentation by George Ivie, Executive Director and CEO of the Media Rating Council, followed by Q&A.   MRC web site: http://www.mediaratingcouncil.org/.

The MRC’s activities include audits of how audience measurements are conducted, and this discussion is relevant to permitted uses that we will discuss in Boston.  Materials should be distributed by Wednesday morning eastern time.

---------------------------
Discussion of homomorphic encryption
--------------------------
6.  Presentation by Khaled el Emam of homomorphic encryption applied to an advertising use case, followed by Q&A.

At the discussion on de-identification last month, several industry people expressed interest in a briefing on homomorphic encryption.  That approach provides certain advantages compared with hashing approaches.  Materials should be distributed by Wednesday morning eastern time.

7.  Announce next meeting & adjourn

================ Infrastructure =================

Zakim teleconference bridge:
VoIP:    sip:zakim@voip.w3.org<file://localhost/sip/zakim@voip.w3.org>
Phone +1.617.761.6200 passcode TRACK (87225)
IRC Chat: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org/>, port 6665, #dnt

*****

Professor Peter P. Swire
C. William O'Neill Professor of Law