From: Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net<mailto:peter@peterswire.net>>
Date: Monday, February 4, 2013 8:57 AM
To: "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org> WG" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>
Subject: Agenda update for Monday and Tuesday in Cambridge (compliance spec)

The basic structure of the compliance days in Cambridge are to do de-identification on Monday and permitted uses on Tuesday.  As a general matter, if you have any items you wish to raise on these topics, this is the time to do it.  As previously mentioned, any eventual DNT standard has to set a boundary outside of which things are no longer "tracked" -- that is the importance of the definition of de-linking or de-identification.  There is also consensus that some uses are permitted even where DNT:1, such as for security purposes, and so any eventual standard needs to include the list of permitted uses.  A goal for the meeting is to get as far toward final on these pieces as possible.  If we get through all of the material on these topics more quickly than anticipated, then the Chair may raise other topics for which there has not been consensus to date, but we would not expect to seek closure on any such other topic at this face-to-face because we are not giving notice of exactly what may be discussed.

An hour-by-hour schedule is posted and will be revised at http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/agenda-2013-02-11-MIT-Boston.html , and copied at the bottom of this message.

We are working on a number of items that I expect will flesh out this schedule in the course of this week. The basic structure, I hope, is clear enough for planning purposes -- de-identification on Monday, uses on Tuesday, TPE on Wednesday.

If you have proposals for language on de-identification or permitted uses, please submit ahead of time if possible.

Also, we quite likely will have a reception (with beer, wine, light food) on Monday after completing the day's business.

Thank you,

Peter

Monday, Feb 11
NOTE: All times are Eastern Daylight Time
08:30 - 9:00
Registration and Coffee
9:00 - 09:30
Welcome & Goals (Chairs)
•       Assign Scribes
•       Agenda Agreement
•       Review of W3C Process (Deliverables, drafts, getting to closed, consensus decision process, formal objections, status ofremaining issues)
•       Status and Timeline
09:30 - 10:00
Means to validate consensus in order to close given issues: The chairs will present the current approach towards closing issues and gather feedback towards potential improvement.
10:00 - 10:30
Compliance - Overview and Introduction (Peter Swire)
10:30 - 11:00
Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30
Compliance - Deidentification I
12:30 - 14:00
Lunch
14:00 - 15:30
Compliance - Deidentification II
15:30 - 16:00
Coffee Break
16:00 - 17:00
Compliance - Deidentification III
17:00 - 17:30
Wrap-up of Day 1

Tuesday, Feb 12
08:30 - 9:00
Registration and Coffee
9:00 - 09:15
Welcome Back (Chairs)
•       Review agenda
•       Assign scribes
09:15 - 10:30
Compliance -- Permitted Uses I

10:30 - 11:00
Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:30
Compliance -- Permitted Uses II
12:30 - 14:00
Lunch
14:00 - 15:30
Compliance -- Permitted Uses III
15:30 - 16:00
Coffee Break
16:00 - 17:00
Compliance -- Permitted Uses IV
17:00 - 17:30
Wrap-up of Day 2

Wednesday, Feb 13
08:30 - 9:00
Registration and Coffee
9:00 - 09:15
Welcome Back (Chairs)
•       Review agenda
•       Assign scribes
09:15 - 09:30
Presentations: Working Drafts and open issues, presented by editors.
      Tracking Preference Expression
Goals:
•       Review where the document currently stands and what has been changed since our last F2F.
•       Understand remaining substantial open issues.
•       Highlight future work.
09:30 - 09:45
Collect remaining concerns and potential shortcomings of the "new" approach towards exceptions (input to ISSUE-187<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/187>) and discuss potential mitigations.
09:45 - 10:30
TPE Discussion of Open Issues (20min per ISSUE):
•       ISSUE-151<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/151> User Agent Requirement: Be able to handle an exception request
•       Next steps on: ISSUE-137<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/137> Does hybrid tracking status need to distinguish between first party (1) andoutsourcing service provider acting as a first party (s)

10:30 - 11:00
Coffee Break
11:00 - 12:00
Design Breakout Sessions:
•       Javascript API: ISSUE-112<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/112>, ISSUE-167<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/167>
•       Subservices: ISSUE-167<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/168>
•       Detecting and handling content intended for 1st party use that is used within a 3rd party context: ISSUE-164<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/164>, ISSUE-182<https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/182>
12:00 - 12:45
Report-out from the design sessions and (if time permits) review of RAISED issues
12:45 - 13:00
Wrap-up of Day 3
13:00 - 14:00
Lunch