Re: Your concerns with ISSUE_197?

On 09/12/2013 16:02, David Wainberg wrote:
> For the "!" I am ok with it after recent changes.
>
> For "Disregard", first I'm not sure of the meaning or intent of the last
> para. Can someone clarify?
>
> "/Note that the D tracking status value is meant to be used only in
> situations that can be adequately described to users as an exception to
> normal behavior. An origin server that responds with D in ways that are
> inconsistent with their other published and unexpired claims regarding
> tracking is likely to be considered misleading./"

That doesn't sound overly complicated to me. It boils down to 'thou
shalt not surprise thy user'. So if you feel that you can ignore DNT
signals under certain circumstances, you should have described those in
for example your privacy policy. Or the compliance spec you're using.
Preferrably the latter.

Regards,

 Walter