RE: tracking-ISSUE-239: Should tracking status representation include an array of links for claiming compliance by reference? [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

Roy,

There should be a way for UAs or audit scanners to automatically recognise compliance statements other than by constraining servers to  unique Uris or trying to parse an un-standardised document. Compliance should be indicated by a code followed by an optional Uri addressing a human-readable resource. The compliance reference codes should be in a maintained registry, maybe administered by IANA. For example DAA, NAI, EU, COPPA etc.

A server could comply with multiple ones i.e. EU and NAI, so the new TR member should be a multiple value list.

i.e. in JSON:

var trf=
{
 "compliance": [