Re: ISSUE-161: Discussion of semantics and alternatives to "!" (was: Batch closing)

On Apr 17, 2013, at 15:04 , Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Roy,
>
> I entirely fail to see how the semantics of a status indicator "cannot be addressed."  Could you please explain your concern?

I think the draft clearly expresses the semantics, as Roy says.  The draft cannot (and does not) address legal or regulatory concerns.  In any case, it's hard to see what such concerns there may be around an explicit statement that compliance is explicitly NOT claimed by the site, which is what ! means.

Can you give me a pointer to the concern you believe is still outstanding (or re-send it)?  Thanks

> Thanks,
> Jonathan

>> I believe that David's concerns have been fully addressed in the
>> editors' draft. Jonathan's have not because they cannot be
>> addressed in a protocol (only in some legal or regulatory framework
>> which is not our concern).
>>
>> ....Roy

David Singer