Re: Batch closing of TPE-related issues (response by April 16)

Hi Mike,

thanks for pointing out this valid concern.

I agree with your concern that if sites frequently register exceptions
(web-wide or site-wide) invisibly, then this would weaken our standard.

However, I believe that this discussion is currently "hosted" in another
issue:
- ISSUE-194: How do we ensure consent for exceptions
My reading is that "invisible" exceptions should not meet our consent
requirements that we will define in ISSUE-194.

Another (market-driven) mitigation that I expect is that once bogus
sites get common, then user agents will start
second-guessing the exceptions (i.e., reconfirming consent or providing
feedback with baloons).

SUGGESTION: Is it OK for you to continue this discussion within
ISSUE-194 and close ISSUE-185?

Regards,
matthias