Re: ISSUE-164 (requirements on same-party attribute): Call for text alternatives (possibly until Wednesday September 26)

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:10:56 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi Roy,

thanks for the feedback!

During our call, we discussed that the sites may disadvantage themselves
if multiple elements on a page are served from different domains and
declared for "1st party use" while the corresponding same-party
attribute does not state that this is OK: The reason is that this
scenario poses a privacy risk (elements with undue tracking on a page).

I am looking for text says so. Proposals that improve on my suggestion
are welcome. If nobody proposes text, then this option is likely to
disappear (same with the option (B) where I would like to see a text
proposal or explicit endorsement of this text).

matthias