Re: action-241: Propose changes regarding issue-116 (and also "general preference")

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:28:47 +0200
To: Brendan Riordan-Butterworth <Brendan@iab.net>
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>
On Monday 17 September 2012 21:26:52 Brendan Riordan-Butterworth
wrote:
> Rigo, the question portion of your text seems to indicate that you
> expect the spec to indicate that it can, while the sentence
> portion of your text seems to indicate that it can't.  Would you
> mind clearing that confusion up for me?

Sorry for the confusion. If we do not force the browser to reveal
additional information, the first party can't know. It is a bit like
sending a referrer. And my question is simply whether we have
removed that feature again (was discussed in Washington F2F). And I
hear David saying "yes". So you can assume that in the current
version, the first party can't know what the browser does to its
third parties.