Re: ISSUE-45 ACTION-246 Clarified proposal on compliance statements

From: John Simpson <john@consumerwatchdog.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:53:55 -0700
Cc: Lauren Gelman <gelman@blurryedge.com>, Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joe@cdt.org>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: David Wainberg <david@networkadvertising.org>
David,

As I read your proposal, it would allow as many "tokens" as there were DNT compliance specifications, isn't that correct?  I think you've suggested that the market would serve to limit the number to manageable amount, but in theory, as I understand it,  there could be as many as people dreamed up.

John
John M. Simpson
Consumer Advocate
Consumer Watchdog