Re: ACTION-212: Draft text on how user agents must obtain consent to turn on a DNT signal

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:01:31 +0100
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Shane,

thanks for this input.

Am I correct to assume that the following scenario would satisfy the
requirements put forward:
- A user installs a browser (without DNT support) [the user agent]
- A user installs a "do not track me" plugin [expression of tracking
preference]
- The "do not track me" displays a cover page with explanatory text
(similar to an EULA) and asks the user "do you want to install"
[explanatory text]

Regards,
matthias