Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

Hi Rob,

Are you saying you favor a permitted use for targeted advertising?
That's an interesting idea.

Yes, it would be a very bad outcome if the value of a non-targeted ad
for a DNT:1 user has low value. Although those users may express a
choice not to be tracked, if they are enjoying the benefits of
ad-supported content and services, they (and we) should want those
services to receive financial support so that they can continue. If DNT
use is high and the value of ads served to DNT users is low, that will
put many sites and services, especially small ones, out of business.
That would be a bad outcome, yes?

-David