Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

I don't entirely agree. Yes, the audit/measurement/verification issue is
key and is broader than the MRC debate. We have to be careful not to be
overly narrow. For example, another self-regulatory requirement that has
been raised as an example is the PCMCP in the UK. As I understand it,
there's a need under their guidelines to retain data to show the geo
where pharma ads were shown. There may be other such legitimate uses
that are not clearly in the scope of "legal requirements." That's the
other piece we're trying to accommodate.

Another piece is the need to allow for existing contracts. To the extent
that this DNT standard affects the nature of contractual measurement,
reporting, and auditing requirements in the future, there is a need to
provide an exception for existing contracts.

Additionally, Amy's text proposal that started this thread tries to
accommodate other valuable and legitimate purposes. Are you saying you
want to create a separate issue for each of these purposes?