Re: ACTION-262 Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

On Oct 24, 2012, at 3:54 PM, Rigo Wenning wrote:

> On Wednesday 24 October 2012 10:06:03 Vinay Goel wrote:
>> The language you proposed says that the W3C DNT specs trump
>> all other self-regulatory requirements.
>
> Vinay, in all other wording, all other self-regulation would trump
> W3C DNT despite the user using the W3C DNT signal. So if we have the
> user send a signal DNT:DAA or DNT:EU and the service responds YES,
> that's fine. But we do not send that signal. We send DNT:1 or DNT:0

That isn't true.  If nothing whatsoever is said about legal or
contractual requirements in our specification, then those laws
will still override W3C and those contracts won't override W3C.

The entire discussion is a waste of time.

....Roy