Re: Your W3C affiliation / on tone

With Thomas's permission and suggestion, I've included his originally off-list comments regarding this discussion below. I believe we both wish to be transparent about procedure and also to reserve use of this widely-subscribed public list for discussing substantive issues before the group.

I would suggest to all involved that some reflection may be useful before clicking 'Send'. While our discussions may become frustrating at times, I believe all parties will benefit from working with professionalism and good faith, and that our progress up to this point is attributable to that willingness.

> From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
> Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 2:21 PM
>
> 1. Forwarding private messages to public lists is generally not good manners.
>
> 2. Chris, I'm not sure what sort of "inquiry" you're talking about here. If you have concerns about another participant's behavior in the group, please raise them with the staff contact (Nick), the domain lead (me), the W3C CEO (Jeff Jaffe) or The Director (Tim Berners-Lee). (I would expect the same from other participants who might have issues with your behavior.)
> --
> Thomas Roessler, W3C  (mobile) <tlr@w3.org>

We absolutely will follow up on all concerns among participants about behavior in this WG and W3C activities. As usual, please contact me and Thomas off-list with any such concerns.

Sincerely,
Nick

P.S. I think JC's suggestion is a good one, and we have plenty of action items and non-controversial threads to follow up on if you need something to do. :)