Re: Proposed Text for Local Law and Public Purpose

From: Chris Mejia <chris.mejia@iab.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:11:17 +0000
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>, "rob@blaeu.com" <rob@blaeu.com>
CC: Mike Zaneis <mike@iab.net>, Marc Groman-NAI <mgroman@networkadvertising.org>, Lou Mastria - DAA <lou@aboutads.info>, "Amy Colando (LCA)" <acolando@microsoft.com>
Rigo, where is DNT a "law"?  Frankly, I'm very confused by your statement
below... I thought the W3C was a self-regulatory body that creates
voluntary specifications, not a legislative body, creating prescriptive
laws.  Am I wrong?  If we are creating the "DNT law", that's certainly
news to me.

Regards,

Chris Mejia | Digital Supply Chain Solutions | Ad Technology Group |
Interactive Advertising Bureau - IAB