Re: ACTION-295: Should v. Must

On 10/18/12 6:47 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Editors, please note that the all-caps is only for highlighting
> the words so that requirements are easily found -- all usage
> of those words, whether in caps or not, is subject to RFC2119.
Roy -- I'm confused on this point. The W3C process doc says the following:

" The terms MUST, MUST NOT, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, REQUIRED, and MAY when
highlighted (through style sheets, and in uppercase in the source) are
used in accordance withRFC 2119
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt>[RFC2119
<http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#ref-RFC2119>]."

It specifies "when highlighted," so I expected that to be the convention
for all W3C docs.