Re: Third-Party Web Tracking: Policy and Technology Paper outlining harms of tracking

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 22:17:05 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Mike Zaneis <mike@iab.net>, Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
Mike,

pessimism won't get us anywhere. Can you precisely point to the
pessimism expressed at _this_ table or do you rather mean the press
release skirmish that is ambient to this effort since day one from
all sides?

I was previously very pessimistic, but we may get some progress in
the global considerations discussions (hopefully).

Rigo