Re: working towards affirmative opt-in consent

Roy,

For THIRD-party compliance with the ePrivacy directive, the
EFF/Mozilla/Standford proposal looks very promising.

Also, the direction of the exception API proposal from
Microsoft/Mozilla/Google during the Face-2-Face meeting in Amsterdam
looks promosing to me too. I need some more time to look at it in detail
if it meets criteria like integrity of the list, transparency to the
user and control to the user. The revised api may tackle two problems:
1. a move away from a pop-up dialog scenario, and 2. storage of
in-browser user consent instead of a out-of-band consent scenario.

We have no disagreement when it comes to defining key definitions that
fixate inter-dependent concepts. Because of the inter-dependency, these
definitions need to be addressed in the compliance doc, not the global
considerations note.

Rob