Re: ISSUE-45 ACTION-246 Clarified proposal on compliance statements

From: Walter van Holst <walter.van.holst@xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:07:22 +0200
To: <public-tracking@w3.org>
On 2012-10-09 15:22, David Wainberg wrote:

>  _Compliance mode tokens __must be associated with a legislative or
> regulatory regime in a relevant jurisdiction, or with a relevant and
> established self-regulatory regime._

Prima facie this looks like a constructive way to ensure that the UA
receives a machine-readable indication of the server's commitments. Be
aware though that this has to be kept as simple as possible, but not
simpler. For example how can we ensure that it does not simply refer to
a web page which may be prone to change, without getting into the level
of complexity p3p provides for already.

With those caveats, I would be in favour.

Regards,

  Walter