Re: alternative to party and outsourcing definitions

Hi Justin,

I agree that this is what you were tasked to do by the chair.

I don't understand why the chair would think that only listing
options from the two most extreme and equally unacceptable
proposals is a rational way to make progress, let alone being
compliant with W3C process, and it should be clear by now that
this strategy has failed to produce consensus text.

It is not necessary for you to evaluate what to do when no one
responds to written text proposals -- just put them in the draft.
If someone (including yourself) does respond, and objects, then
the text can be removed and the author can raise an issue, have
a WG discussion (assuming the agenda isn't being manipulated to
avoid it), and the editors can try various proposals to find a
middle ground, if possible.  Otherwise, the author is left in limbo,
assumes that there are no objections, and expects that the text
will appear in the draft once the editors process the queue of
changes to do.

The only reason you haven't been seeing dozens of WG members
backing my suggested changes is because, to put it bluntly, most
of the WG has been muzzled by repeated personal attacks and
abusive use of the press to mislead the public.  If we need to
organize cheering sections just to get something accomplished,
that will make me even less happy, but hopefully some of the other
WG members will start sending +1s to the public list (instead
of just to my private email box) once they realize that is
being used as a gating function.

....Roy