Re: Housekeeping: Closing ISSUE-140 (concrete/explicit list of exceptions)

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:42:11 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi Jonathan,

thanks for the feedback!

As part of the other response, you said that you disagree with the
all-or-nothing approach of the API.
I agree that this needs discussion.

ISSUE-140 was about whether explicit-explicit exceptions shall be possible.

According to my understanding, our conclusion was that this should be
possible:
- A site can publish its third-parties using the tracking-status
resource (field third-party)
- A user agent MAY constrain a site-wide exception to this list of third
parties
- A user agent is free to not display those lists as part of the user
interface (e.g.,
   using one UI for site-wide with and without lists of third-parties)

I double checked and I believe that this agreement may currently NOT be
fully reflected in the draft.
As a consequence, I will leave ISSUE-140 open.

TODO:
- If you disagree with the outlined agreement, please provide
alternative text
- If you agree with the outlined agreement, please continue to double
check that we will follow through
   along those lines.

Is this OK with you?

Regards,