From: David Singer <singer@apple.com<mailto:singer@apple.com>>
Date: Friday, November 16, 2012 9:47 AM
To: Chris Pedigo - OPA <cpedigo@online-publishers.org<mailto:cpedigo@online-publishers.org>>
Subject: Re: ACTION-212: Draft text on how user agents must obtain consent to turn on a DNT signal

On Nov 16, 2012, at 9:29 , Chris Pedigo <CPedigo@online-publishers.org<mailto:CPedigo@online-publishers.org>> wrote:

My understanding is that only the first party would be asking for these exceptions (perhaps for itself or perhaps for certain or all third parties).  Is that correct?

It has to be a site that is visited by the user, yes, either the page or iFrame owner. So for examplesocial to get a web-wide exception, it has to invoke the script from a document loaded from its site.  Now, 1x1 iFrames are possible, of course; we're wide open to abuse here, which means we need to be pretty strict about what is required.