Re: ACTION-212: Draft text on how user agents must obtain consent to turn on a DNT signal

John,

it looks like there is a consensus between Roy, Shane, Me and some others that
if a server believes a signal is non-compliant and does not want to honor, it
responds with an appropriate status (I suggested "T" with a definition)

The pressure to honor DNT:1 will not come from the Specification IMHO. Users
are concerned and will use browsers that will react on a site not accepting
their DNT request. From my research, I still have some sandbox where I can
show you how far this can go. For the industry, not honoring carries two
risks: 1/ regulator action (deliberately general wording) and 2/ blocking
tools

We can't anticipate and set the content of all communications, we have to set
the conduits of those communications.

Rigo