Re: ACTION-326 and ACTION-327 BLOCKED on ISSUE-5

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:47:32 +0100
Cc: Brendan Riordan-Butterworth <Brendan@iab.net>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
On 2012-11-14, at 18:30 +0100, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> To this statement: “tracking" (a term which doesn't show up in the current normative language…“
>
> Please note the title of both documents.  J  To me that is clearly “normative” in context.  Fair?

Actually, no -- the title of a specification isn't normative.  Sometimes, the title of a document is even just some acronym, like "HTML."

It would be good if you could point out where the definition of "tracking" influences the requirements that are placed on implementers, and it would be good if you could articulate what specific result you are trying to accomplish by defining "tracking".