Re: action-307, issue-119, absolutely not tracking

David,

Admittedly, I needed to start by looking up "bike-shedding", but, having
done so, I am not sure I agree.

I think it would help us all to fully appreciate that UGEs aren't
exceptions to how DNT:1 is processed by a specific site; if an exception
at all, they are exceptions to DNT:1 being sent to ALL sites.  Isn't this
fundamentally different?  A UGE site has no way of knowing if they are "an
exception" or if the user's base line choice was to send DNT: 0 to all
sites.  I could imagine this having implications for sites that appear as
both 1st and 3rd parties.

In any event, I think we ought to be as consistent and clear as possible.
Where something isn't an exception (or where the meaning of what it is an
exception to is unclear) we should fix the language.  Agree?

-Brooks

--

Brooks Dobbs, CIPP | Chief Privacy Officer | KBM Group | Part of the
Wunderman Network

This email ­ including attachments ­ may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient,
 do not copy, distribute or act on it. Instead, notify the sender
immediately and delete the message.