Re: action-307, issue-119, absolutely not tracking

On Nov 8, 2012, at 16:30 , "Dobbs, Brooks" <Brooks.Dobbs@kbmg.com> wrote:

> Just as a point of clarification here I am noticing some language I
> believe to be technically incorrect entering into the discussion.  To be
> clear - "short term collection" is NOT an exception; it is a permitted use.

sorry.  you are quite right.

> This actually highlights another issue.  For consistency we may need to
> change the language around user granted "exceptions" because they aren't
> really exceptions.  An exception would be a special dispensation to
> process a DNT: 1 signal differently than would otherwise be allowed.

I have long felt that users give 'permission' (not 'exception') and that we need a different word for what the spec. allows in restricted circumstances (not 'permission' or 'exception').  But this is bike-shedding...

David Singer