Re: Multiple DNT Headers (ACTION-283, ISSUE-150)

I am finally catching up.

Multiple DNT headers are an HTTP protocol error, and are documented as such in the current TPE, and I don't think it a good use of time to spend time on what error handling we suggest or require.

And what you propose is vague, also.  Which one is the one I have to believe?

I suggest we leave it as an HTTP protocol error (not even a DNT error).

On Oct 10, 2012, at 23:45 , Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu> wrote:

> Proposed text on duplicate headers:
>
> If a server receives duplicate DNT headers, it MUST act as if it had received a single DNT header.
>
> Proposed text on conflicting headers:
>
> If a server receives conflicting DNT headers, it MUST act as if it had received a single DNT: 1 header. It is a best practice for the server to alert the user about possible user agent misconfiguration.

David Singer