Re: REVISED Actions 176 (and dup. 183), also merged Shane's text and added Remove APIs

David,

On Wednesday 23 May 2012 10:33:02 David Singer wrote:
> 2. is the grant request agreed or denied as a package, or can the user
> pick-and-choose which sites to grant to? proposed answer: it's a package;
> the UI is probably unmanageable, and the site is asking about the 3rd
> parties it cares about, and probably needs them all

You only reflect the opinion expressed by Ian Fette. If we have
explicit/explicit pairs, we do not interfere with how to represent them. A
tool for me (e.g. http://code.w3.org/privacy-dashboard/ ) would list those
pairs and allow me to make informed decisions.

My arguments so far:

If we do web-wide exceptions we MUST also accept web-wide denials to remain
credible. If we accept web-wide denials, there will always be an option
where some third party will not work on the site and may have to ask for a
specific exception to be able to track on that web site. All this needs
explicit/explicit pairs and an interface for it. A browser may chose not to
implement this and only allow a granularity of [all or *], but the
Specification should not limit the functionality here.

So there can be a package, but it can't be limited only to a package.

Best,

Rigo