Re: Media Access (ACTION-197)

Dear colleagues,

I"m a W3C newbie and still puzzled how one issue can generate such email threads...

Maybe we should be pragmatic - if a journalist does a research they'll probably call some member who's on the website. Happened to me and others. Beyond that I find it very cumbersome how we all think what journalists might want or not.

I suggest to keep things as they are - transparency and a search engine should allow journalists to do their job. Inviting them into the room might be too much.
Beyond the lovely threads they can call whomever they want and if they do their job properly (and obviously most do), they'll listen to all sides.

Kind regards,
Kimon

Kimon Zorbas Vice President IAB Europe

IAB Europe - The Egg
Rue Barastraat 175
1070 Brussels - Belgium
Phone +32 (0)2 5265 568
Mob +32 494 34 91 68
Fax +32 2 526 55 60
vp@iabeurope.eu
Twitter: @kimon_zorbas

www.iabeurope.eu and www.interactcongress. eu

IAB Europe supports the .eu domain name www.eurid.eu

IAB Europe is supported by:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom representing their 5.000 members. The IAB network represents over 90% of European digital revenues and is acting as voice for the industry at National and European level.

IAB Europe is powered by:

Adconion Media Group, Adobe, ADTECH, Alcatel-Lucent, AOL Advertising Europe, AudienceScience, BBCAdvertising, CNN, comScore Europe, CPX Interactive, Criteo, eBay International Advertising, Expedia Inc, Fox Interactive Media, Gemius, Goldbach Media Group, Google, GroupM, Hi-Media, Koan, Microsoft Europe, Millward Brown, News Corporation, nugg.ad, Nielsen Online, OMD, Orange Advertising Network, PHD,Prisa, Publicitas Europe, Quisma, Sanoma Digital, Selligent, TradeDoubler, Triton Digital, United Internet Media, ValueClick, Verisign, Viacom International Media Networks, White & Case, Yahoo! and zanox.

IAB Europe is associated with: Advance International Media, Banner, Emediate, NextPerformance, Right Media, Tribal Fusion and Turn Europe