RE:Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

From: Mike Zaneis <mike@iab.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 23:21:38 +0000
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
CC: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, "rob@blaeu.com" <rob@blaeu.com>, Kimon Zorbas <vp@iabeurope.eu>, Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>, "ifette@google.com" <ifette@google.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>, Nicholas Doty <npdoty@w3.org>, Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>
I am afraid that I am thoroughly confused. So first party cookies are good and third party cookies are bad?  I repeat, this is not a helpful line of thought for this group.

Mike Zaneis
SVP and General Counsel, IAB
(202) 253-1466

________________________________
From : Rigo Wenning
Subject : Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

Mike,

please don't introduce a transatlantic dichotomy where we can learn from
each other. It is not helping your case either IMHO. BTW, the distinction
between good cookies and bad cookies is as older than P3P and dates back to
1996. And it is implemented in _every_ browser today. You have first party
and third party cookies and I can instruct _all_ my browsers to throw away
third party cookies. This is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
And I hope we are working on solutions.

Rigo