From: Chris Mejia <chris.mejia@iab.net<mailto:chris.mejia@iab.net>>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 02:40:18 +0000
Subject: Re: W3C F2F logistics for Bellevue, WA

JC, et al.,

First, thank you to Microsoft for hosting and to others for sponsoring!  Looking at travel logistics for those of us attending who are from the East Coast US and from Europe, I'm wondering if it's too late to consider a slight modification to the schedule?  Those of us traveling back East after the W3C meetings (to NYC, DC and Europe) face a bad time change in that direction.  As the meetings are currently scheduled to end sometime on Friday, it would be impossible to make it home on Friday.  I'm guessing that most people value their weekend free time (with family, etc.), so would it be possible to have this go from Mon-Wed instead of Wed-Fri?  I think that would allow those of us traveling from the East (the majority of this group?) to still arrive by Monday morning (taking the early Monday morning flight to Seattle) and get back home by Thursday.  Perhaps this has already been considered, but if hasn't, I hope it will be.  My hunch is that it would result in higher participation in all 3-days.

Peripherally, I have an important event in NYC on Thursday, June 21st (IAB's Ad Technology Marketplace Event: http://www.iab.net/events_training/2012/advertisingtechnology/overview) that I'm co-hosting.  So the proposed schedule change above would also allow me to attend the W3C meetings in addition to hosting this event.

Respectfully submitted for consideration,

Chris Mejia, IAB/DAA
Digital Supply Chain Solutions
Ad Technology Group