From: John Simpson [mailto:john@consumerwatchdog.org]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 11:50 AM
To: Shane Wiley
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)
Subject: Re: Article: Yahoo! Launches Global Support for Do Not Track (Yahoo! Policy Blog)

Shane,

An important step. Congratulations.  As I understand your post,  Yahoo! is announcing that you will support DNT when the header is sent from a browser.  Is that right?

Sone of the press coverage seems a little confused. Like this Washington Post piece saying that Yahoo! will implement a "Do Not Track tool":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/yahoo-announces-do-not-track-tool/2012/03/29/gIQAuoQyiS_story.html

You saying that you'll honor DNT on all your properties, right?  Not that there will be a DNT "button" or mechanism on your sites, right?

Again, important step forward.  Congratulations.

John