RE: Article: Yahoo! Launches Global Support for Do Not Track (Yahoo! Policy Blog)

From: Craig Spiezle <craigs@otalliance.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:38:56 -0400
To: "'Shane Wiley'" <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, <public-tracking@w3.org>
This is a great step forward.  Now to get others to join on and other
browsers to implement the capability ( and to make it more discoverable and
intuitive)

Can you address how this impacts the use, collection and sharing of data for
purposes other than interest based advertising, (other than operational and
for anonymous metrics purposes).  I assume since this is not part of your
implementation as  it is my understanding this is still outside the current
scope DAA.

Does this apply to both 1st party and third party collection?