Re: Initial feedback on the well-known URI Proposal

I work with small businesses.  I think that for sites that have the technical skill to implement targeted ads, it is not unreasonable to ask them to implement DNT.  There already are off-the shelf implementations.  Here is an open source one for apache.

http://jiboumans.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/be-do-not-track-compliant-in-30-microseconds-or-less/

On Mar 27, 2012, at 7:26 PM, Shane Wiley wrote:

> David,
>
> Almost all sites allow tracking from a hosted services perspective (placing 3rd party tags or using native hosted services tools) but typically in a first party sense.  Most site operators for small business do not have the technical skill to "write a server config file".  That said, I agree that hosted services may need to look at beginning to offer these types of plug-n-play services for their customers.
>
> - Shane

Lauren Gelman
BlurryEdge Strategies
415-627-8512