Re: ISSUE-111, ad exchanges, web wide exception

Jeff,

On Thursday 15 March 2012 10:53:03 Jeffrey Chester wrote:
> Thanks.   What information would a DNT:O user receive about the third
> parties and their data when they have given a web-wide exception?  Would a
> user be first informed about these third parties by the site seeking such
> an exception?

This question rather belongs to the opt-back-in discussion as there the
exchange is happening. There is an (unspecified) interface informing the user
that an ad-network wants an exception. We are discussing here about the scope
of that exception. So Shane's answer has as a prerequisite that there was
already an exception granted. But your question is rather in the field of the
opt-back-in mechanism where, in order to get the exception, the EU system
would require informed consent. This is rather ISSUE-59 (see the thread there)

Best,

Rigo