Re: Work ahead; volunteers?

On Tuesday 06 March 2012 12:31:06 Kevin Smith wrote:
> 1) In many cases it will not be technically feasible to know ahead of time
> what 3rd parties will be included by the time a given page has fully loaded
> - what good will your DNT:2 header or the API be if you do not know which
> 3rd parties to ask for.

Kevin,

it may be that the regime under which the operation is completed will
influence the ad - auction. So I assume that in the future, the ad auction
will take the DNT header into account and will have an effect in this perfect
market.

And I assume that the highest price will be paid for ads in requests under
DNT=0. IMHO the biggest problem Shane and you have to solve is NOT how to deal
with massive DNT=1 occurrence, but how to get people from DNT=unset to DNT=0.

The feedback system Shane is talking about is giving you potential options for
the next years to come. And your "opt-back-in" system can be a lot more
sophisticated if you have already more information about the entire
interaction. They system allows you to react instead of remaining blind. I'm
with Shane here.

Rigo