Re: JS Exception API

I think we mix up GUI challenges with protocol defaults. A GUI will always be
able to offer a "*" exception, in javascript or chrome. IMHO we have to make
sure that the browsers can distinguish the 3rd parties and react in a
differentiated way. This is done by the described "per third party" way. And
whether then the browser sends an exception to all third parties is the
browser's (user's) choice.

What Kevin raises is interesting. If a browser denies a permission for a
certain third party, should he communicate that to the first party? This
coincides with the discussion Shane is having about querying the DNT status.

Concerning the GUI considerations, I don't think they should be made in the
Specification, but I strongly encourage browser makers and others here to
group together and pool their knowledge and perhaps write a Note (how-to) for
such user interaction instead of everybody inventing their own. But this is
just a suggestion and completely optional..

Rigo